The code of conduct of Lions FC, a grassroots football team from Tubmanburg, Liberia.
• Football brings people together to share fun – players, coaches, officials and fans – with no exceptions.
• Footballers are thinkers – they play with their brains.
• Education is the most important thing, on and off the field.
• You are happy to play any role that helps the team. Footballers are thinkers – they play with their brains.
• You would rather score fewer goals yourself and your team wins, than score more goals yourself and your team loses.
• When your team scores or wins a game, it is not because of an individual, it is because of the team. The first thing you do is congratulate your teammates.
Footballers are thinkers – they play with their brains.
• If your team concedes a goal, or loses, it is not because of an individual, it is because of the team. You support your teammates. You do not criticise them.
• If you score against a team or beat them, you do not criticise or make fun of them. Without your opponents, there is no game.
• You help teammates who have less experience than you.
• You love practice as much as you love playing a match.
• You learn from your mistakes and you grow from them.
• You are confident but not arrogant.
• You play for your team, not for yourself.
• You respect your opponents and treat them the way you treat your teammates.
• You listen to and respect your coaches at all times.
• You listen to and respect the officials during a match. You do not talk back or question their decisions.
• You listen to and respect your parents and do the things they ask you to do before coming to practice.
• You listen to and respect your teachers, because education is the most important thing you can do.
• You respect Lions FC and you do nothing that will spoil its good name.
If you break any of these rules, you will be suspended from the team for a period of time until you learn how to respect people.
If you continue to break these rules, you will be thrown out of the squad permanently.
• Lions are fast and strong.
• Lions are brave.
• Lions are leaders.
• Lions work together.
• Lions look after each other.