Here are some of the services I offer under the broad description of Charity PR. It doesn’t have to be charity PR, but my expertise is generally in the non-profit sector. Get in touch if we can work together.
- Media Relations – getting your messages across to the people who need to hear them.
- I’ve spent 15 years working with a national charity and freelancing for small businesses, charities and non-profit organisations to promote their activities through relevant local, national and specialist and social media.
- Photojournalism – interviewing people involved in your projects, taking photos and producing their stories for print or broadcast.
- With camera-phones, everyone’s a photojournalist nowadays, but there are still certain formulas the professionals know, and I can pass them on to your staff and volunteers.
- Media Training – planning and using communications to reach your desired audience
- Writing press releases, planning events, dealing with social media – it’s all part of charity PR!
I worked for the charity CAFOD for 15 years: www.cafod.org.uk
I also offer consultancy on Sport and Development, particularly football and peace-building.
- I have worked on sport, development and peace-building (SDP) projects since 1997, concentrating particularly on the link between sport, education and media. My dissertation in 2011 for my MA in Globalisation, Poverty and Development focused on football and peace-building in Liberia